Be on page one for geographic specific searches
Google offers a free service where you can get your business listing online at your business address. This listing then appears in maps and in Google searches when your local area is searched.
The service has gone through a few different versions but the latest one is called Google My Business and it part of your Google+ account.
As Google says:
Be there when customers look for you online
Use Google My Business to put your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ so customers can find you.
With a Google My Business listing you will:
- Show up on Google Web searches
- Show up on Google Maps
- Improve your Google+ Business page and stand out in listings.
- Show up to date information. Includes address, contact number, opening hours, description and website address
- Show up across devices.
Google My Business: https://www.google.com/local/business/
Treat it as another arm of your online presence and make the most of your Google placement
7 Steps to getting on Google My Business
- Visit www.google.com/local/business/ and search for your business listing. Even though may not have registered your busiess Google may already have put some information that it found on your location and details.
- Either select your business if you are already there or add a new business
- Choose your type of business (Local business, Product, Company etc). Select Local Business to get on the map.
- Fill-in your location details
- Verify your business, if you don’t do this then you won’t show up on the maps at all. This can be done either by phone or postcard.
- Complete your business information. Fill out as much as possible.
- Now Google will take you to Google+ where you fill out more information on your business. Try to enter as much information as possible and upload images as well. Remember Google loves content.