Advertising with Google
Google delivers adverts to people at the top of search engine results. These adverts look very similar to normal search engine listings but the difference is the advertiser pays each time somebody clicks on the advert. This is called Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising.
How Adwords works
- People search on Google for your keywords
- If your keywords match their search then your advert appears above the normal organic search engine listings
- If someone clicks on your advert they will go through to your website (landing page).
Benefits of Google Adwords
- Speed: You can get to the top of search engine results for your chosen keywords immediately
- Cost Effective: Costs are controllable via a daily budget
- Measurement: Clear visibility on what you are spending and what your return is on your spend
- Targeted: The audience is extremely relevant as you have targeted their keywords
- Remarketing: Someone who clicks on your advert can be retargeted if they don’t convert into a lead
Things to Consider before starting an Adwords Campaign
- What a new customer is worth to you?
This will be your key indicator as to how much you should spend on getting a new customer from Google Adwords. Find out more about Life Time Value of a customer
- Who are you targeting and what are they looking for?
Have a clear idea on your customer and what keywords will they will search for online
- Is your website landing page showing your service or product offering clearly with obvious Calls to Action?
When someone clicks on your advert you need to give them every opportunity of converting to a sale.
- What constitutes a conversion on your website?
You need to define what constitutes an enquiry and what is a sale on your website.
- What do you want to spend and for how long do you want to run the campaign?
Have a clear idea of your budget. Set measurable targets so that you can monitor the success of your campaigns.
What I can do for you and Google Adwords
My PPC Google Adwords Marketing service can do any or all of the following things for you:
- Help you define your Adwords budget and expected Return on Investment
- Setup your Google Adwords account
- Research your target market, competitors and keywords (both positive and negative)
- Test your website landing pages and make suggestions to improve them
- Setup your Google Adwords campaign with adverts for each keyword phrase and enticing copy writing
- Setup split testing on each advert to find out which one is most effective
- Add sitelinks and call extensions to each advert.
- Setup conversion tracking so you have clear indicators on your campaign success.
- Add you to the Google Display Network
- Setup Remarketing so that people are followed with your offering when they leave your website
- Manage your account on a weekly basis (daily initially) refining the adverts, keywords and increasing your Quality Score to get your cost per click down
- Give you regular reports on key indicators on your account
Click here for more information on The Monthly Management of your Google Adwords Campaigns
If you are interested in this service please Contact Buchanan Solutions about Google Adwords for more information