You have to be logged into your WordPress Dashboard to do this. You can usually find your Dashboard by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/
- Hover over the Posts menu on the left-hand side menu. It will reveal the submenu.
- Click the Add New link.
- Now you’ll see the Add New Post page where you can create your first post.
- These are the deatails you can enter:
- Title: The first box is where you’ll want to enter the title of your post.
- Content: Next is the Post formatting section or post editor. This box is where you are going to type the content of your post. If you have written it already then you can paste it in here. You can also add image directly into the text by clicking the Add Media button.
- Publish: At the top of the right column on this screen you’ll see the Publish box. Here, your can save your post as a draft if you’d like to save it for later. If you click the Preview button, you can get a preview of how the post will look once it’s published.
- Status: The Status of the post will show if the post has been published, saved as a draft, if it’s pending review of if it’s been scheduled.
- Visibility: The next two links show the visibility of the post — or what visitors will be able to see your post. The Publish line shows whether the post will be published immediately or at a later date.
- Categories: The next section are for categories and tags assigned to your WordPress post.
- Featured Image: Add a featured image that will show whenever your blog is viewed in a list
If you ever need help while you’re on the Add New Posts page, just click the Help tab in the upper right corner. From here, you’ll be able to get a reminder for how to customize your post display, tips for adding a post title and using the post editor, inserting media and settings for publishing and discussion.
Video Tutorials on creating WordPress Blog
Here are some video tutorials that will give you a more visual tutorial